Friday, May 20, 2011

Intensity

This past Monday, I had a slight gain but my overall weight loss is still in the positive.  I have worked a little harder this week, increasing my physical activity.  This week alone, I have met with the trainer, attended a Zumba class, and a low impact aerobics class.

Earlier in the week, I had a fitness analysis done, as part of a fitness study I signed up for.  For the next four weeks, I am committed to attending at least three fitness classes a week.  My BMI, body fat, blood pressure, and % of body water were measured.  At the end of the four weeks, those numbers will be compared.  Also, today at work, I had my cholesterol, glucose, and other screenings done.  It appears I am healthy.  Now I just need to focus on getting more fit.

In today's personal training session, I think my body was pushed to its limit.  I went through two series of circuit training exercises that left me feeling nauseous.  Ropes, then shoulder presses, bicep curls, and abdominal exercises.... the on to two different kettle ball (of varying weights, 8 lb and 20 lb) exercises, jumping squats, and more abdominal moves.  This about killed me!!!

I felt sick on the entire drive home, probably of dehydration.  Had an enjoyable dinner with hubby at new Vietnamese restaurant in St. Matthews called the Nam Nam Cafe.  Tried to make good choices.  I ordered the Imperial Rolls (fried crispy rolls, filled with pork, shrimp, and vegetables and served with Nuoc Mam, a fish sauce).  Four rolls were only $4.50   I limited myself to one.  For my entree, I order the Vietnamese tacos.  These tacos consisted of a corn tortilla, pickled carrots, cilantro, jalapenos, and cucumber.  They were topped with a spicy Sriacha aioli.  I must admit, these tacos had a kick.  For my filling, I chose the hoisin-honey glazed pork and lemongrass grilled chicken.  You get two tacos for $6.  I will definitely go back to this spot.  It is very reasonable and quite tasty!

 I think that this week, I have really bumped up the intensity of my weight loss effort.  I am actually looking forward to hitting the gym, and checking out the farmer's market tomorrow.  Tomorrow, I am either going to go to a hip hop work out class or another aerobics class.  Let's hope I make some progress before Monday's weigh in.

1 comment:

  1. Go Nee Nee Go !!! You are inspiring me !!! Neeta

    ReplyDelete